Welcome to New Jersey’s largest network of accredited Yang Family Tai Chi Instructors.
Founded in 1998, the Yang Family Tai Chi Association is a non-profit foundation that overseas 80 tai chi learning centers in 24 countries around the world.
Membership in the Yang Family Tai Chi Association supports seminars with master teachers, ranking tests, tournaments, and the Teacher’s Academy for training and certifying tai chi teachers.
What is Tai Chi?
Tai Chi is a meditative martial art that has been practiced in China for centuries.
Notable for its beautiful flowing but precise movements, abundant scientific research supports tai chi as an outstanding health and fitness practice that integrates body, mind and spirit.
Yang Family Tai Chi is the most popular style of tai chi in the world, known for its large graceful movements.
What are the Benefits of Tai Chi?
- Structural alignment
- Flexibility and relaxation
- Balance and strength
- Positive social interaction
- Agility and endurance
- Alertness and memory
- Calmness and well being
Did you know?
- tai chi is unsurpassed in preventing falls
- tai chi training includes solo, partner and weapons forms
- there is good evidence that tai chi reduces depression and anxiety
- tai chi originated for self defense
- tai chi reduces chronic pain